The 2015 English DBA Open
England’s premiere DBA competition will be held on Sunday 25th October 2015 at Stacey Community Centre in Portsmouth.
This will be the final event of the 2014-15 year of the Society of Ancients UK DBA League.
Please could players arrive and book in between 9:30-10:00 am so we can start the games by about 10:30.
Trophies sponsored by the Society of Ancients.
Prize sponsored by Magister Militum.
There will be one competition only this year, in 15mm using version 3 of the DBA rules.
- Numbers permitting, players will be organised into groups of five or six players, playing the others in their group.
- Players may use any army they chose for their group games.
- If there is more than one group, then all group winners and possibly the best of group runners—up will progress to a final and possibly semi—finals to determine the overall winners.
- These finals and semi—finals will be played with themed armies provided by the organisers.
DBA Open 2015 Rules
- De Bellis Antiquitatis (DBA) version 3 will be used.
- A “World Cup” format will be used. Initially competitors will use their own armies and terrain. Each battle will be 35-45 minutes long (unlimited for any final).
- Scoring shall be as follows:
- 5 points for a complete victory (as defined in the rule book);
- 2 points for a draw (game incomplete when time is called), if the player has destroyed more enemy elements counting towards victory than he has himself lost;
- 1 point for any other draw;
- 0 points for a loss.
- In the event of a tie within a group the winner will be determined by:
- head-head record;
- most generals killed;
- most camps/BUA sacked;
- most elements killed (including Scythed Chariots and Hordes but not including the extra for occupying a camp/BUA).
- The winner of each group (plus the best of the rest if necessary), will then play a knock-out tournament (a final and possibly semi-finals) to determine the overall winner. During the knock-out stage, competitors will secretly choose an army from all those that will be made available.
- If there are insufficient players to form at least two even groups, then the event may be restructured as a single group, with each player playing all other opponents. In this case, a knock-out phase might not be played.
- Element selection and army aggression may not be changed between battles.